Do you feel stuck in an endless cycle?
It's time to take back control of your life
Your ability to take care of your family shouldn't be limited due to a lack of transportation. Making that change starts with a series of small but effective decisions that will positively drive your life forward.
Safe & Reliable Cars
We want to make sure that you have an opportunity to get your life back on track. Having a car that you can count on to get to and your family to where they need to be is a key step to that success.
Car Care Clinic Class
One of the best ways to make sure that your car remains reliable is to learn the basics of how to take care of it. We have a team of experts ready to show you what you need to know to keep things running.
Training & Guidance
Our entire team understands that re-writing your story is more than four tires and a set of keys. We'll show you the basics for how to create a budget and take care of necessary paperwork.
Re-writing Your Story is as Easy as 1-2-3
It all starts with a decision to make a change. Follow the simple steps below to begin your new journey.
Reach Out to Us
Every journey starts with the first step. Reach out to us today and our team will get the process started for you.
Begin Application Process
Our team will work with you to fill out your application to determine your eligibility.
Follow the Plan
After the application process, you will be given a plan with next actions. Follow this plan to begin re-writing your story!
Apply for a Car
- Are you at least 21 years old?
- Do you have a current driver’s license? Anyone else in your household that may be driving the car, do they have a current driver’s license? These must have your current address on them.
- Do you have proof of residency, (6 months or more in Douglas or Pope County).
- You will need current bank account balance (If you have accounts in your name).
- You will need a copy of pay stubs for the last 30 days (if employed) or proof of other income.
- You will need to have a Douglas or Pope County Agency or church send a referral to us explaining the need and compliance with their program.
After all the information is received, verified, and accepted, you will be put on a waiting list.
Once a car is available you will be notified.
Once you are notified, you will be responsible for obtaining car insurance.
You will be required to attend a budget and maintenance class provided by Car Care Program and held on Car Care Saturday.
Then you will be presented with YOUR car.
Want to make a referral?
Apply for a Repairs
Through the partnership of local car dealers and part stores, Car Care Program can offer a repair service to those that qualify.
- Is this the sole means of transportation for the household?
- Is this the first time you’ve recieved this service from Car Care Program?
- Have you received a car from Car Care Program?
If you answered yes to #1 & #2 and no to #3, please fill out an application.
If you are eligible, we will schedule an evaluation of the vehicle. We are checking to see:
- If the repair is essential for safety or reliability.
- If the repair cost is feasible based on the vehicle’s age and
- If the repairs can be done within the budget limits of Car Care Program.
If the repairs can be completed in four hour block of time